Life is stressful. Even good things that happen to us can cause stress and anxiety. It’s okay to admit that you can’t handle everything or solve all your problems on your own. If any of the symptoms listed below persist more than three weeks, it might be time to seek professional help.
- Feeling anxious, sad, depressed, hopeless, or tearful most of the time
- Lack of interest in things you usually enjoy
- Trouble sleeping or wanting to sleep all the time
- Managing stress by smoking or drinking too much or using drugs
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Thoughts of running away, injuring yourself or others
- Excessive weight loss or gain from lack of appetite or overeating.